A Visible Pulse
the pulse of just-bought groceries,
the pulse of someone’s hurried driver,
or,
just the pulse of too many cars,
parked on too many, too small streets.
I see the blink blink pulse
of caution lights,
as someone is always double-parked.
It has become the lay of the land,
to leave one’s car unmanned,
with the blink blink pulse of caution lights.
It’s not that anyone even minds,
as it’s done by people of all kinds.
Everyone does it, this visible pulse.
They blink blink out of courtesy,
as if to say
“I’ll just be a moment.”
Now, they’ve returned,
and, the flashing stops, as they finally drive away.
But, before too long,
the visible pulse begins anew,
as another takes the place of the blink blink
that has left for another
temporary parking space.
Renaissance, The New Millennium, blink blink, pulse, double-parking, courtesy, flashing lights, poetry
2 comments:
Hey Blackstarr:
Thanks for stopping by.
The pleasure was mine. I will definitely return. Peace.
Post a Comment